Internet Explorer 4

sboulema

OSNN Veteran Addict
Does anybody know where i can get internet explorer 4? Yeah i know it sounds weird, but i have my reasons for it...
please help :D

Have looked on Microsofts site & searched net with google.. no luck.

ie 5.5 sp1 is the oldest I've seen still available.

were you gonna update an old win95 machine and wanted all the active desktop stuff?.. IE5.5 has all that :)

I would search my local library for old computer-magazines with CDs.

I have an official internet explorer 4 cd. email me for details

Originally posted by stuy_b
were you gonna update an old win95 machine and wanted all the active desktop stuff?.. IE5.5 has all that :)
no it didnt do the full update though only the ie4 off sp4 disk did, at least for NT4...........

it is a must to have a sp4 if loading NT4

if you want NT4 to look/feel like 98 and most stable

to load full best NT4 combo:

load NT4
then load IE4 with desktop enhancements off sp4 disk (biggest change is it changes the kernel to version 5 besides the enhancements, most don't know that)
then apply sp6a
then update IE to 5.5 or 6.......

if just update IE without IE4+enhancements off sp4 disk the kernel never gets updated and never get quick start bar and other fun stuff that comes with enhancements

I have an iso of the disk if you can't find elsewhere although should be all over, if you ever get one keep it
>> (this is not a warz thing as MS gave it away for the asking)<<

that would be the only reason i could think of for wanting a copy, if its for 95.... then why bother

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back