Internet Downloading Problem

G

gmagnuson

Whenever I am downloading a big file, It maxes out our bandwith and we cannot surf or go to any other sites until it finishes downloading, We get 20 or so KB a sec, and I was wondering if there is a way to limit the amount of bandwith it uses to maybe 15 or so, so I can still surf a little while it is downloading. I don't use any download accelarators or anything else, just the standard download utility that comes with IE6. Thanks!

What is a good Download utility? I want one that I can choose the location of each file, I don't want them all going into a certain folder than I have to sort them out. I also would like it to have pause/resume feature. And on top of all that, I don't want any spyware and preferably no adware, but one that regulates the bandwith usage.

Edit-Spelling

Star Downloader, also the Mozilla Download Manager is good too, but obviously only for Mozilla

Cool, Thanks Guys! I will have to try some of these out...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back