Internet disconnection problem!

C

contender

I usually get disconnected late at night like 1 or 2 am. All I have to do is reboot my system and voila! I'm back on the net.

What I've done/tried so far:

Whenever I lose my connection I release/renew my IP - don't work.

Unplug my ADSL modem and plug it back in - don't work.

Run the Repair feature in the network properties - don't work.

I've already been in contact with my ISP over the past two weeks this has been going on. It has gotten better in the sense first when it started two weeks ago I used to get disconnected 2 - 3 times a day! They replaced my ADSL modem a week ago, since then it only occurs once a day. They have run tests on my line and say everything seems fine, they even went as far as changing ports and giving me a new IP.

Do you guys have any ideas of what can be causing this?

I also run ZoneAlarm Plus 3.1.258, would it be causing me to disconnect all of a sudden?

Is there a specific way I can determine what software could cause this? What kidn of sodtware would do this? I have the latest and up-to-date version of Adaware.

Rainy weather doesn't seem to cause the problem as it does it whenever it feels.

God, I do not want to format my system over just to fix this annoying problem.

There's nothing that I could find that runs or is scheduled to run at that time. Any other suggestions?

Since you have contacted your ISP, I don't think that this will help you...

My ISP disconnects me every 36 hours. Thet is done to prevent me from running a server. They just change my IP every x hours, and every 36 hours my modem gets disconnected. Maybe your ISP does that every 24 hs?

Greetz

Lukas

@contender:

had that problem too:

1) its not any software
2) its not the isp
3) only GOD knows what that &%&$§$% is.

---> i switched to a router... works fine now.

My ISP claims they do not do this. I've had the service for quite some time and have never encountered such a problem.

I have uninstalled ZoneAlarm Plus and now have put Sygate Personall Firewall in its place.

I don't know if that is my problem or not. Something I thought I would at least try. Does releasing and renewing an IP work while a firewall is running? The reason I asked is because ZAP wouldn't let me renew my IP. I shut ZAP down and it worked!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back