internet dies

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
my internet keeps dieing on me and i dont really want to call them to get them to help becaue they want to know too much on what i am doing, is there any way for me to find out what is going on, i ahve checked there service time list to see if they were working on my part but there is nothing and other people that i know that are useing the same ISP are fine, any ideas???

What exactly is it that you are doing that you do not want them to know about? Nevermind, I don't want to know.

What type of connection do you have?

Is your modem dying? NIC?

Do you have some sort monthly or per session transfer limit (for example: I have a 5gb upload limit per session, when I hit 5gb up, my connection drops and has a 3 minute delay before I can reconnect --- I guess this is supposed to be a punishment?)?

Basically.....

You may have to talk to them if you are on dial-up/dsl because it may be a problem with the phone line. I guess the same goes for cable.....

And finally, if you do need to talk to them, you don't really have to tell them everything. Just tell them enough to get them to test the line.

i the one thing they dont need to know is that it is uncapped fromt here end, this has not happened before with it dieing a lot, i am going through a router and my nic is set up too 200mb/s (100txfull deplex) the line is perfict i have the tech to check that tanks to my dad, ( he uncapped the line from work) but i just need to know if there is anything that might do it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back