Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool for Windows XP/Vista

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
The Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool checks your Internet router to see if it supports certain technologies. You can use this tool on a PC running either the Windows Vista or Windows XP operating system. If you're planning to run Windows Vista, this tool can verify whether your existing Internet router supports advanced features, such as improved download speeds and face-to-face collaboration using Windows Meeting Space.

The tool is intended to be run from a home network behind a home Internet (NAT) router. Running this tool from behind a corporate firewall or on operating systems other than those specified above won't produce accurate results. This tool requires administrator privileges to run.

The tests can require up to 10 minutes to complete and do not make any permanent changes to your router. For the most accurate results, your computer should be connected directly to your Internet router, using a wired connection.

Source: http://www.hive.net/Member/blogs/th...28/Internet-Connectivity-Evaluation-Tool.aspx

More info & Try it: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/using/tools/igd/default.mspx

-edit-

No surprise, but my RVS4000 passed with flying colors :)

Last edited:
Later today.
I am so gonna download this.
Just to test my connection, although i have already done live meeting, but whatever :p
Thanks

hey nice find. Everything works fine except uPnP. I get this shhit:

The operating system is Windows Vista
The firewall is enabled
Exceptions are allowed by the firewall
UPnP is enabled by the firewall
UPnP services are running
UPnP Discovery is enabled
Detecting Internet Gateway Devices on the network
1 IGD(s) found
IGD Device Information:
Manufacturer Name : Netgear
Model Name : ADSL Firewall Router
Model Number : DG834
get_StaticPortMappingCollection() returned NULL IStaticPortMappingCollection
Failed to get port mapping from the IGD

Anyone got any ideas what I can do to fix this?

There's always the "check for router firmware updates".

I'm having UPNP test problems too even though my router says it supports it. I'll post back if I find a solution.

Got mine working :) but the test failed :( because it tries to create 10 new port mappings and my ancient linksys befsr11 only supports 5 remappable ports.

Look through your options on your router setup. Mine was defaulted to uPnP turned OFF. I turned it ON and then went to the Port Forwarding page which had a uPnP screen button. My uPnP screen showed 10 pre-mapped items (SMTP, TCP, etc) and 5 re-mappable. I had to assign internal IP addresses to the premapped ones and enable each one for them to work.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Ok lol.
Says that TCP not work, and UpNp...
But thats complete BS... since all the vista features work lol :p
Live meeting, and all the internet crap, including that find solution thing.
Oh well. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back