Internet Connecting Sharing (ICS) and AOL

B

BritMan

I Have my PC running WinXP as a host computer on my home network. My sons computer is the 'client computer hooked up to mine via the network hub. Printer and file sharing works fine.

I want my son to be able to use the internet on his pc, using my pc as the host computer dialled uo to the internet. I am using AOL.

When I follow the instruction to use Internet Connection Sharing and select the dial up that I want to share (AOL Dial-up - do not delete). I cannot do anything else that the ICS instructions tell me. For example with my AOL Dial Up selected (for sharing), when under Network Tasks I click Change Settings of this connetion nothing happens..I get no dialogue box !!. I should get an advanced tab, that allows me to allow other network users to connect through my internet connection etc etc.

Is it not possible to use ICS with AOL, or is there some other way ?

Any help will be greatfully recieved.

Thanks BritMan
:)

No, AOL cannot be used with ICS.

JJB6486

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back