internet browsers

Your best bet is to try it out and see if you like it. Some people (me included) prefer Firefox over IE6, others swear by Opera, some use Maxthon, and there are those who prefer just IE6 as it is.

It's just a matter of personal preference. There is no objective "better" :)

iceman7311 said:
but is there a performance increase in using fire fox???
It depends. IE6 tends to start up faster than Firefox (on first launch) because it shares quite a bit of code with explorer.exe, the shell of the OS. As far as page loading times go, I personally haven't noticed a significant difference (Fx might be a wee bit faster), probably because I'm usually on a good broadband connection - most pages tend to load up almost instantly on either browser anyway. You might notice a difference on lower bandwidth connections.

The Firefox installer is a pretty small download, and once installed, it won't interfere with your IE6 installation in any way. I encourage you to try it out and decide for yourself. :)

It think that FF is much more secure than IE is. FF has a lot to offer if you play around with it a bit.

All the browsers available on windows are pretty much as secure as each other.

Opera and IE are your best bets. Mozilla has a sort of "holier-than-thou" attitude at the moment. Either you do things their way or not at all. They also like claiming credit for things that MS and Opera developed a while back :p

Not sure why, but Firefox is much faster at loading and everything for me.

Unless your computer is a little dated, running or rendering performance is of little consequence. Bandwidth is all that really matters.

I personally prefer FF when I am on windows, but then I am an html and css validity freak so I would wouldnt I ;) :p

Truthfully speaking, I don't really knotice much of a performance diff in firefox, as far as starting it up that is. With the speek tweak there is a diff in internet speed.

Geffy said:
I personally prefer FF when I am on windows, but then I am an html and css validity freak so I would wouldnt I ;) :p

In that case you're addicted to the wrong browser and should adjust said addition to Opera 8 :)

FF has a few quirks that mean valid xhtml & CSS get broken :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back