internet access stops after awhile

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
Hey...I have IE6 and Firefox and after so long they dont work. Like if i try to go to a site it acts like its not connected but msn and aim r still connected but when i disconnect all together and then sign back on its fine untill it happends again. Whats the problem?

What kind of connection do you have? dial up? broad band? do you use a router? are you on a network? is it just the web that doesn't work, ie can you ge on ftp or irc?
need more information

umm...i have dial up...and from what i can tell its just the web. and i do use irc and dont ftp either.

dumb question - but check that on IE your file pulldown does not have "work offline" ticked

:S...lol no its not that. I unno but it hasnt happend it the past day so maybe it was just a fluke? unno.

What ISP are you using? It sounds like congestion on their server. Try clicking the link again or hit the refresh button on the toolbar when it happens.

i have done that too...i have at&t...pretty good service...way better than aol that i had for like 5 years cept we switched between aol and comcast once and comcast is the best.

yes...i use the one on xp and i use zone alarm

don't think that's your problem, but you really don't need both firewalls running

TittleBitties said:
yes...i use the one on xp and i use zone alarm
Well, if you're using the latest ZA versions (eg. versions 5+), then I have a hunch that might be your problem. I had a similar problem when I updated to ZA v5 (running bittorrent and ed2k for too long locked up my net access and had do a hard reset), but that problem disappeared when I downgraded back to older versions of ZA. I have also been reading that ZA v5 are quite buggy; are you using ZA v5?

try sygate firewall, much better than ZA IMHO, also make sure you disable the XP firewall if you are running a 3rd party firewall. 2 FW's at the same time = bad.

thanks...when it drys outside i will download those programs and see what happends...i would try now but when it rains out my internet is slow as hell...like 16kbs

nope...and we called the phone company to fix it and they keep sayin they do but they never do

Titties remove all outgoing and incoming permissions on your firewall and start from their..I had the same problems a couple of years ago with norton pf.

Once I had done that I just opened all my internet enabled programs and enabled them when prompted by npf. Have you installed a beta of xp2 also?

Hope you sort it.:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back