Interet slow globally

Petros

Thief IV
Has anyone else noticed frequent signouts from MSN today, and an unusally slow WWW all around? I'm in the US with these problems, but some people I know in the UK have had similar issues in the last twelve hours or so.

I have had these problems too. MSN is very slow and so is general web browsing. It took this page about 20 seconds to load! That is very slow for a broadband connection!

It has been very odd...I have broadband as well, and I can only download files at about 50-60KBps. :confused:

I can only do about half that! That is the speed mine should be doing as i have a 576/228 connection. Earlier today I even replaced my cable to make sure it was not that! Now I see it was a waste of f@@king time! :(

I thought it was just my damn dialup. Lot slower that normal. Good to see I'm not alone. :p

I haven't been at home much, but it seems to be working fine right now (12:20 AM PST)

Well the whole Telia net in Sweden came crashing down yesterday. Not that I think that would affect you guys. :)

I'm not on Telia though and my connection worked just fine.

Originally posted by Handybuddy
It has been very odd...I have broadband as well, and I can only download files at about 50-60KBps. :confused:

What is your connection on BB? I would have thought that 50-60kpbs to be the max download rate for a 512k connection.

Your connect can be affected by the quality of your phone line, if not that, then maybe the servers that your browsing through are congested.

Originally posted by ming
What is your connection on BB? I would have thought that 50-60kpbs to be the max download rate for a 512k connection.

Your connect can be affected by the quality of your phone line, if not that, then maybe the servers that your browsing through are congested.

I think he has got 1Mbps :confused:

I was having problems accessing servers behind a NAC.net router earlier today, but I think that has been fixed now as its all working for me

Not too bad, did have a problem with a DNS server not replying to requests a couple of hours ago. Good old BT Openworld!!

Originally posted by Enyo
Switch off the BT DNS servers permanently :)

I have never really had a lot of trouble with BT. Did tell them I was considering leaving them for another Broadband operator who was cheaper and they matched the price and gave me 2 months free!!

Saying that when I signed up they forgot to charge me for 3 months!!!

Mine is ok now but NTFS.org is very slow. Does anyone know why? Is it just my computer?

Others have mentioned NTFS is slow on your side of the pond. It is fairly quick on this side.

Thats it! I am moving to the USA! I blame f@@king Tony Blair! ;)

If you live in the UK then use the DNS servers of nominet.org.uk

Originally posted by sacred2nite
Thats it! I am moving to the USA! I blame f@@king Tony Blair! ;)
Come on over to Florida...everyone else does. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back