interesting vista validation thingy

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
so this is now the third motherboard on this computer, (all under warantee)

in the past I had to contact ms by phone to manually asign a new key and then enter it...typically I was given a few days of using vista before the os crippled the box

anyway, this time I thought I would try something new, I would go to the validation center and see if the site would validate the os before the box became crippled and without having to get a new key asigned

guess what?

joy

now I don't know if this will do the trick and will wait a week or two to report back but I can't imagine the ms site would validate the box and then the os would cripple it so I believe this did the trick

that's a trick for you guys who are always changing hardware, before the box registers the new hardware and questions validation, try going to get ms to validate before the issue arises

I've never had to validate by phone on either XP or Vista :(

I always just do the web validation if it prompts and I am done.

Maybe not related, but 2 weeks ago, a dialog box appeared asking me to vadidate my copy of Vista Ultimate again, which I did perform in a matter of seconds. The weird thing, for me at the least, is that there was no hardware replacement since the 1st time I validated Vista, maybe 1 year and a half ago...

Very few times, have I ever had to actually validate by phone, activiation over the internet almost always works, even when I change several pieces of hardware, I've even moved hard drives with vista from one machine to another machine and still no problems.

The only time I really ever had a problem was once I installed the wrong OEM Windows (I think it was HP OEM on a Dell PC, and although it accepted the key to install, it would not validate later.

Even when you validate by phone, I think it just goes to some call center, and they only asked me "Is this a legal copy of XP?", to which I responded yes, and then they gave me a key to enter and viola. So it didn't seem to be they sceen these things very carefully anyway.

well, the web validation didn't work, I'm still getting the warning, will have to do it by phone after all

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back