interesting microsoft point!!!

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
interesting microsoftg point!!!

first, I can't think of where to put this question, so anybody want to move this thread feel free to do it

I think this concerns security, as far as eula agreements, and how far someone is allowed to have access to your box once you've signed them...or if you did not sign a new eula per new download

maybe this is not security, but somewhere else
definately not the lounge though

ok;

when I get the ms critical updates manually from the site, I am required to sign the eula

BUT

when I let the box do it automatically, the updates are installed without my signature.

what do you think?

I think maybe because you are setting it up to do it automatically that you are agreeing to it.

no, this wouldn't be the case because atuomatic updates are the default setting

now, if to set up automatic updates required a siggy, that might cover it...(probably not)

though ms mght contend the original eula for xp covers the download

no judge would allow this, as it would prove too broad.

in other words, when you get an auto update, you are not obligated in my opinion in any fasion concerning it, as microsft has given it to you freely without any requirement on your part

do with it what you will

imho

i think its because any updates from the auto update site are signed drivers meeting your hardware spec, anybody can go to the microsoft download site and install an update thats got nothing to do with there system and screw it up in 1 go, hence the licence warning so ms don't have to help you ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back