interesting data on vista sp and who wants a sticky?

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
typically in xp after an sp we had some serious file defragmentation, so much that performance was effected until a defrag

so I installed the vista sp and the box was much more responsive, I think *man, I wonder if a defrag can improve the performance much*

so guess what?

there was almost no file defragmentation from the sp, I started with about 1 percent and after the sp I ended with one percent, I did a defrag anyway but no improvement of course

interesting

I wonder if the sp removed the other hotfixes, I kind of doubt it because then a system restore wouldn't remove the sp

anyone have a tutorial on removing hotfixes that are addressed with the sp?

if somoene comes up with that tutorial I am gonna give it a sticky because that will get plenty of traffic, if you don't have a sticky yet and want one you can try to put together that file removal tutorial

thanx in advance

Historically you can't remove components within a service pack, such as hotfixes from what you mention. That being said, and I could be wrong here - The Service pack, among other things, is a roll-up of previous patches. I'm thinking it checks for these updates and skips them if installed. So, theoretically, they should still be listed in Programs and Features (wow almost typed Add/remove :p), and you could then be able to install. HOwever, there are some new ones I think in the Service Pack that were not previously available.

Outside of that, you'd have to remove the service pack as a whole.

That's a lot of assuming though, and we all know what happens when you do that... :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back