Interactive Logon

I have been testing Windows Server 2003 and have it configured as a Domain Controller and was wondering if it was possible for the group "Users" to be able to logon to the server, I get the message "The local security policy prevents you frm logging on interactively" my reason is that I'm at home and the rest of my family hate having to restart the machine to switch to XP Pro:crosseyed:

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
Yes.. change the policy and grant the users group the "log on locally" right.

Assuming you arent' going to be pushing this policy to other computers and only need it for this one machine and that you haven't set the Domain Policy that overrides this right..

Go to: start/run.. run "secpol.msc" and browse to "local Policies/User Rights Assignment". Find the "Log on Locally" right and ensure the users group is allowed to log on locally.

Either reboot or refresh the policies for it to take effect.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut