Intel to Ship Conroe on July 23

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
The moment of truth is almost upon us. With the NDA set to expire on July 4th, will we finally see an unbiased review? Will there soon be a fair third party AMD vs. Intel benchmark? Intel is set to release its Conroe core on July 23. As previously announced, the new processors will be named Intel Core 2 Duo. At launch there will be five different Core 2 Duo processor versions available.

The mainstream market Core 2 Duo processors will be numbered at 6300 and 6400 and will run at 1.86GHz and 2.13GHz, respectively. These two chips will both have 2MB cache and are priced at $183 and $224, much lower than AMD’s dual core offerings.

The higher-end Core 2 Duo processors will be numbered at 6600 and 6700 and carry 4MB of cache. Clocking in at 2.39GHz and 2.67Ghz, respectively these processors will set you back $316 and $530. The flagship Conroe chip will be the Intel Core 2 Extreme, or 6800.

The Extreme will tout the same cache and the high-end processors (4MB) and weigh in at 2.93GHz. Not everyone will be able to enjoy the Core 2 Extreme, as it carries a hefty price tag of $999. The Core 2 Duo chips will eat up 65 watts while the Core 2 Extreme will devour 80 watts.

Source: The Inquirer

AMD has recently been cheaper and faster than Intel, I hope to see some verifiable benchmarks as well. I really like the potential pricetags on the 6300 and 6400, which would more than likely be sufficient for most end users :)

A whole 80 watts or just part?

Wooo, must be time to upgrade again....... Bonuses = upgrade W00t!!!!

KC, do you still think that the AMD chips will be victorious over the Conroe?

No way to tell reliably until viable benchmarks come out after the NDA is lifted.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back