Intel stickers question

technokid88

Part of a System
I have a laptop here and it has the Intel Centrino sticker on it.

Wondering why it did not have the Intel Core 2 Duo sticker on it.

I have the T8300 chip inside the laptop top.

Someone told me it depends on the wireless card. I have the Intel B G and N built in. Is this true?

Intel Centrino is a marketing scheme used by Intel to specify that it contains at least the following:

Core [2] [Solo|Duo]
Intel [BG|N] wireless chip
Intel GMA915 or higher graphics card

If I remember correctly.

Check the Wikipedia article for Centrino: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrino

JW is correct.

Intel chipset, Intel CPU, Intel wireless card makes up the Centrino brand.

The latest is Intel 965+ chipset, Intel C2D/C2S, and Intel 3945+ wireless.

My laptop has a sticker that says Centrio Duo with the T2400 chip.

It should have the Core 2 Duo sticker on it. Strange. A friend has a Vaio with the T8300 chip and it has the Core 2 Duo sticker. But the lower half of the sticker is the part that says Centrino Duo (the white part with the intel logo) The upper half has the Core 2 Duo on it (the blue part). Now from what I remember that upper part of the sticker can be peeled off without removing the lower part. Now I could be wrong.But maybe the upper part of your sticker is just missing?

[edit]
There are actually a few different intel stickers depending on chipset, wifi and some other things.

intel_new_stickers_sc.jpg

It think that there are more than this but this is a variety of them for mobile and your normal PC.

Last edited:
My old laptop has the 3rd one on the middle in the pic Inlet Centrino Duo.

My new laptops sticker is not listed. Its different looking. I have the on on the right in this picture on it. Also have a DLNA certified sticker and windows vista.
centrino_inside.jpg

Mine is like this, not on either of the images as well.

intel-core-2-extreme.jpg

My laptop has the one on the bottom left.

Is your's anything like this? Sorry the image I found is small-ish.

IMG_1303.jpg

Now my thoughts were that the upper part of the sticker was missing.

no my sticker is the one is on the picture i posted. ON right right side by it self. That is the sticker that came with my sony VGN-CR490

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back