Intel Raid Tech Error

i just rebuilt my intel server into a larger case because of heat but it all wroks fine just when i boot up i get this message that an error has occured but everything work and that array works fine. anyone know how to fix this? other than redoing the array?\

here is the error

Attachments

Add a 3rd drive to the system, tell the raid controller to copy the data from the "errored" drive to the new one, then take out the old one put the new one in and tell the controller the new drive is drive 2 of 2.

The whole point of raid is that if a disc dies you can repalce it with little to no dataloss.

Since it was stated as working fine its not a dead drive but it needs replacing.

Steevo

Spammer representing.
Political User
4 Sata ports, all in use. RAID 0 array.

Ghost will not work to move the data from a old drive to a new one. At least from what I have heard.

Tell the Intel controller to take the existing drive or migrate the drive out of a array if you have the space and then rebuild by adding a new drive.

Intel Matrix, in Intel Application Accelerator.

the wierd thing is that evcerything workd fine. i tested the drives alone and they are good. and in windows i can pull the entire contence of the array and put it back and no errors.
but i guess my only way to get rid of that would be to pull all hte data and zero the array and re-creat it

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfLA
The whole point of raid is that if a disc dies you can repalce it with little to no dataloss.
The whole point with all RAID except RAID0.
thats what i was saying raid 0 is strictly for performace hehe. if you lose a drive with it your out data.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel