Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG, Unable to connect?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

I have been having numerous issues with my Dell Latitude D-510 laptop, and on my home network being run by a Belkin Wireless G + MIMO router. My Dell uses the Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG Wireless internet connection. I seem to be experiencing this issue both when using the Intel provided software, as well as the Windows Networking Management software.

When I'm attempting to connect with the Intel software, I very frequently get an error message that says "Unable to connect to [Network Name]". I have not really been able to figure out why this is. I've learned that SOMETIMES if you force shutdown the computer, the not so proper way, sometimes this resolves it. Repairing the card, trying a new IP, clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver fails to resolve it. The closest thing I could find to some kind of log, says that it has "Unauthenticated DL Home" (My wireless).

If I attempt to try to connect to the Windows management, it will hang at the screen that says waiting for the wireless network, nothing more, nothing less. Has anyone else had this issue? This happens way too frequently and I'm not sure if it's the router, or my particular connection for my laptop. My firmware on the router is updated, as is the driver for my wireless connection. Anyone else suffer from this problem?

Btw, I am using WPA-PSK TKIP as my security.

Thanks!

I had that wifi card in my old laptop, it's a piece of crap. I had to force it into b-mode to maintain a good speed which slowed down my G network.

I bought a new laptop and gave the old one to my sister, but didn't want her to slow down my wireless so I setup an old router as a b-only access point, however I couldn't get it to connect with WPA only WEP. She could connect to my G access point which uses WPA2 but not a WPA network.

This was with both the Intel and Windows management programs and with the latest drivers.

I ended up upgrading her card to a Broadcom one that I bought off EBay so I no longer use that card, I even took a hammer to it out of revenge for alot of frustration.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back