Intel P4 2.8 Gigahertz Superstar

Friend of Bill

What, me worry?
Once again, Intel further increases the lead with it's new P4 2.8 gigahertz processor. Is there no end in sight? I'm wait'n for the 0.09 micron release. By then, AMD should have been able to produce the 0.13 chip. I wish them luck in this doggy-dog chip world. (They will need it with Intel in the lead).:D

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Once again, Intel further increases the lead with it's new P4 2.8 gigahertz processor. Is there no end in sight? I'm wait'n for the 0.09 micron release. By then, AMD should have been able to produce the 0.13 chip. I wish them luck in this doggy-dog chip world. (They will need it with Intel in the lead).:D

From the meeting the Claw hammer will be out first week OCT. AMD already has a team in L.A. working on the .09 micron. The only big thing AMD has coming out is the 64 bit processing chip that is backwards compatable to 32 O/S and will run 64 bit O/S.

Hmm it seems the game has just got started.

Nice SIte!

Ok so the Hammer can run a 64 bit OS and still be able to run a 32 OS. Ok so anybody really know when the masses will be getting a 64bit OS? And 64 bit processing is a big deal when I Pentium 4 as buses on the chip die its that are 64 bits wide were the memory and everything else talk to the cpu its still a 32 bit bus. Also the only real advantage of 64 bits is the fact it can address more then 4 Gigs of ram. A 64-bit computer can address 16 exabytes of memory. (An exabyte is 1,000 petabytes, a petabyte is 1,000 terabytes and a terabyte is 1,000 gigabytes.)

A vast number ppl already know how a 32 bit system runs and they have their own thoughts as to which brand system or cpu is better. That said care to post links to back ur comment?

Quote: "From the meeting the Claw hammer will be out first week OCT. AMD already has a team in L.A. working on the .09 micron"

What? They can't even get their 0.13 to run stable for the consumer.

And according report none of the Hammer line of processor's r due out till next year anyways

Originally posted by catch23
The masses won't need a 64-bit operating system

Don't know about that catch upgrade & computers go hand in hand - WHEN m$ release a 64bit OS for the masses programmers will start to write software best suited to the environment. For an idea of how much computing will change over the next ten year look back at how much its evolved over the last ten.
Change is inevitable whether its needed or not
;)

look at the change in computer tech over the last 20 years and tell me again why the masses won't need a 64-bit operating system.

Quote: "From the meeting the Claw hammer will be out first week OCT. AMD already has a team in L.A. working on the .09 micron"

What? They can't even get their 0.13 to run stable for the consumer.

I suppose that is why the athlon 2200+ xp is used in many benchmarks along with the northwood 2.53 p4 processor...

it is SO unstable... if you dont know wtf you are on about don't post it... that is utter garbage...

least amd does not say "our processor has highest clock speed therefore it is the best solution"

athlons... clock for clock still outperform much higher clocked pentiums which have more onboard cache/higher fsb...

care to comment on that?

please note the DATE on the review...

I will not say that the oc'ing was not a bit of a prob but the 2200 in many tests could keep up with the p4 2.4 and was a shade behind the 2.53...

now with the 0.13 process more refined... do you still think that the 2200 is a crummy processor? it has been months since that review in june...

btw... search around the web for benchmarks of an athlon xp type rig running @ 2.5 ghz... (166x15 )

and all will be answered...

http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=MzQw

if you can;t be bothered to check it out...

sorry.. forgot to mention that since my previous link was for the radeon 9700... therefore the athlon running @ just under 2.5 ghz was not limited by june 10 2002 posts.. but was of a more current nature :)

simple mate... more refined as in since amd gains more experience with the 0.13 micron process their yields will be better and they should have more life in future 0.13 micron based yields... since june that is a coupla months...

Ok I look at both links and read the info. And SnookBooger based on that review u were right with ur statements, Sazar u were right also as far as the problems with the .13 micron process, however since the leak u posted does back up ur statement I do have a bit of a problem with it. That is its more of a review of the Redeon 9700 Pro so the benchmarks were aim more toward the video card as opposed to the cpu but as I said ur statement was right. Now if I could find a review and/or a comprasion between the 2.53Ghz P4 and the AMD AlthonXp 2200+ or whatever is the fast one from AMD that focus's more on the taxing the cpu. I also like to say thank you for posting links to back up ur statements

Thought I should drag this thread out of moth balls and blow the dust off it's cover. Intel is nearing the 3GHz barrier release for it's consumers and AMD has just broken the 2GHz barrier. Just thought I'd mention this as a trivial statistic. In conclusion, CONGRATULATIONS to both chip manufacturers!

Well I was able to find more of a cpu comparison between the fastest Intel chip and the fastest AMD chip.

Thought I should drag this thread out of moth balls and blow the dust off it's cover. Intel is nearing the 3GHz barrier release for it's consumers and AMD has just broken the 2GHz barrier. Just thought I'd mention this as a trivial statistic. In conclusion, CONGRATULATIONS to both chip manufacturers!

I'll give credit due. Intel makes a nice work horse of a chip. But when it comes to Bench marking. AMD always brings out the stalions and not the mules. Just my opinion but the reason i stay with AMD is because of the over clocking ability. IN the past I never could get the Intel to give up an extra 200 MHZ plus.
Sad part in all this. Either way you go your going to pay for it lol

Originally posted by blacksheep_1
IN the past I never could get the Intel to give up an extra 200 MHZ plus.
Unlike the new Intel's where an extra 200 MHZ doesn't cause a flicker in the running temperatures.

;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back