Intel or AMD

eh now I See why you didn't want to close it down :)

I like my 1900+ too... but I like it when oc'd to 2000+ even better lol....

now close it...

I know there are a lot of other discussions on this, but unless people start fighting and flaming over what chip is better, it stays open. Keep it to calm disussion and i won't touch it (I dont know about other mods though)

JJB

INTEL, i dont know i have always been with intel !

Agree with JJB6486, unless flaming and fighting go on, I won't close it as well.

:cool:

Intel (P4) and I won't close it either - mainly because I can't !:D :D

my xp 1800+ is the best cpu i have ever owned....that means i'm comparing it to a duron, p4 1.5, and a p2 233.....

also....you people are obsessed w/ hertz...try cheking clock cycles and raw effeciency or pipeline usage and you will not find anyone better than amd

Serious computing?!!? aren't we all "serious" about computing?
Anyway, I'd go for an AMD but at the moment Intel has the upper hand. But raw power aside I think AMD is still more efficient.

AMD for a quick & cheap hit. BUT these chips are HOT (too hot for me).
INTEL for a workhorse of a chip - like all INTEL chips before it - its solid & dependable, built to last a life time
;-)

All I can say is the 2 Pentiums (133mhz & 350mhz) I had are no more, but all 3 AMD (350mhz, 750mhz & 1.2ghz) are still going strong.

I hear AMD is having problems developing 0.13 micron technology. Heck, Intel's had it for available to the public for months now. Intel is on to 0.09 micron and in a few years will reveal even a smaller version.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back