• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Intel or AMD

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
eh now I See why you didn't want to close it down :)

I like my 1900+ too... but I like it when oc'd to 2000+ even better lol....

now close it...

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
I know there are a lot of other discussions on this, but unless people start fighting and flaming over what chip is better, it stays open. Keep it to calm disussion and i won't touch it (I dont know about other mods though)

JJB

K

Kw4ntuM

my xp 1800+ is the best cpu i have ever owned....that means i'm comparing it to a duron, p4 1.5, and a p2 233.....

also....you people are obsessed w/ hertz...try cheking clock cycles and raw effeciency or pipeline usage and you will not find anyone better than amd

R

Rebs

Serious computing?!!? aren't we all "serious" about computing?
Anyway, I'd go for an AMD but at the moment Intel has the upper hand. But raw power aside I think AMD is still more efficient.

2z

OSNN Gamer
AMD for a quick & cheap hit. BUT these chips are HOT (too hot for me).
INTEL for a workhorse of a chip - like all INTEL chips before it - its solid & dependable, built to last a life time
;-)

T

tinomen

All I can say is the 2 Pentiums (133mhz & 350mhz) I had are no more, but all 3 AMD (350mhz, 750mhz & 1.2ghz) are still going strong.

I hear AMD is having problems developing 0.13 micron technology. Heck, Intel's had it for available to the public for months now. Intel is on to 0.09 micron and in a few years will reveal even a smaller version.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies