Intel DX58so mobo, maybe better than asus rampage extreme ?

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
Man, after looking at this one, I am not sure what I want now lol.

The Intel DX58so (SO stands for smack over) is an awesome board as well. It is triple channel ddr3 that holds up to 16 gig ddr3! It is only crossfireX supported and it is a x58, too.

Note: Something you will notice about this board is that it does not have PS2 or Floppy connectors. It's about time, huh?

dx58so_lg.jpg

Features and benefits

Form factor ATX (12.00 inches by 9.60 inches [304.80 millimeters by 243.84 millimeters]) Processor Click View supported processors for the most current list of compatible processors.
At product launch, this desktop board supports:
Memory
  • Four 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets
  • Support for DDR3 1600 MHz?, DDR3 1333 MHz?, DDR3 1066 MHz
  • Support for up to 16 GB? of system memory
Chipset
Audio Intel® High Definition Audio subsystem in the following configuration:
  • 8-channel (7.1) Dolby Home Theater* Audio subsystem with five analog audio outputs and two S/PDIF digital audio outputs (coaxial and optical) using the Sigmatel* 9274D audio codec
Video
  • ATI CrossFire* multi-GPU platform support ATI CrossFire technology enables two ATI* graphics cards to work together for ultimate 3D gaming performance and visual quality
  • Full support of next-generation ATI CrossFire*
LAN support Gigabit (10/100/1000 Mbits/sec) LAN subsystem Peripheral interfaces
  • Twelve USB 2.0 ports (8 external ports, 2 internal headers)
  • Six Serial ATA 3.0 Gb/s ports, including 2 eSATA port with RAID support supplied by a Marvell* controller
  • Two IEEE-1394a ports (1 external port, 1 internal header)
  • Consumer IR receiver and emitter (via internal headers)
Expansion capabilities
  • One PCI Conventional* bus add-in card connectors (SMBus routed to PCI Conventional bus add-in card connector)
  • One primary PCI Express* 2.0 x16 (electrical x16) bus add-in card connector
  • One secondary PCI Express 2.0 x16 (electrical x16) bus add-in card connector
  • One PCI Express* 1.0a x16 (electrical x4) bus add-in card connector

Related products

Processors
Chipsets

You can find more info about it here: (make sure you watch the video, it is cool) http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4240073&CatId=4068

looks pretty nice, but

Note: Something you will notice about this board is that it does not have PS2 or Floppy connectors. It's about time, huh?

i have a msi with a p45 chipset and doesnt feat. those either =]

I think the thing I like best about this board is that it isn't congested. There is a lot of open space on it.

triple channel in 4 slots doesn't work :)

tripple channel will want 3 or 6.

Yeah, I know. Even with three slots at 6 gig ddr3 is great.

Man some of these Intel board looks pretty sweet. May consider one when I update my desktop in a few years. I'm switching from AMD to Intel, I just feel that they are the better choice.

As far as it goes, intel is better than AMD. There are more options available to them. This one is very nice and layed out better than most.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back