Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 vs Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600

i have the q6700 kentfield, its extremely fast, especially when rendering movies, i have only one program that uses all four cores, but hardly any applications outside of the media industry use all four cores.

personally for home use i would just stick with the dual cores for now.

and lordofla, the q6700 has been available for 6 months or so now.

I did think that orgionally, hence started this thread it all depends on how much games will use multi-threading I guess. Still with the quad core you get a free copy of Supream commander ! (shame I already have it)

Q6700 has only been available in the UK recently. Previously it was only the QX6700.

Q6600 is down to 299 (or less) in many places.

Fyi.

:smoker:

Thanks, I am waiting for the price drops which should happen very shortly......

nice, just need it to hit all the Uk stores now. Cheers guys!

The OCuk price does actually reflect the price drop apparently, but just wait and see I guess.

thank god the q6700 hasn't dropped in price at all i bought it for i think $1000 four months ago or so, its $970 now, sorry, just didn't want to think i could've waited for a better deal, but wierdly enough, when this processor first came on the market 4 or 5 months ago, it was priced at $1500, i waited 3 weeks and it dropped $500.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back