Intel Centrino

dreamworks

--== babyface ==--
Hi guys ..

Just bought over a notebook from a local auction site. Everything is ok except there isn't any driver for the wireless lan card. the driver cd doesn't contain any information, neither can i find the website but its a intel centrino notebook.

The brand is DClip .. any idea how I can track down the driver please?

give us the model of the machine.

Edit: do they even have a website? can't seem to find them. lol :p

Thats the problem .. I can't find the website as well.

And no specific model number, just the brand name is DClip. Must be a Taiwan OEM machine. :)

Anyway, isn't Intel Centrino a standard feature? I mean .. if the notebook is Intel Centrino, isn't it has to comply by having certain model of mainboard, processor and wireless by Intel?

slightly off topic but all laptops that have intel wireless cards sucked lol i had to go get the intel drivers or else they didnt work. the ones that come with toshibas and acers are the ones i have tested, they wouldnt even connect to networks, then i changed the drivers worked instantly!

xp wireless config tool should do the trick, make sure you didn't turn the service off

nope, nothing would work. once i installed the new drivers, xp connected right away

Net beat me to it :D

Any centrino notebook == intel pro wireless card, pentium M proc. and pentium M chipset.

mines Intel cuz I bought it off ebay :p $20 I think. AMD cpu in my laptop. The proset app isnt bad cept it runs like 4 extra processes.

I just install the drivers without the PRO/Set utility and use SP2's wireless config system. Didn't really like PRO/Set all that much. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back