Intel Application Accelerator

Detonator

OSNN Addict
Has anyone tried this out?I've heard some bad things about it,supposed to screw Xp up bad.

Works fine on my PC. No issues so far

I havent benchmarked it yet. I should have benched before install and after really :p

I see this works with via chips, will it work with amd cpu? Since it is from intel probably not.

no, it's specifically for an intel CPU..it doesn't do much just optimizes prefect and pipeline parameters for executing programs since the p4 has to make up for it's long badly managed pipeline...due to the long pipeline and flush times intel had to write their own sub-optimizations because normal prefetching and optimization doesn't work well with a p4 =oP

be careful!!!

installing this messed up my machine temporarily, thank god I got it to work again correctly!! I have hundreds and hundreds of mp3's and movies I was about to loose without backing them up!!

when\if you deicde to install this *beta* version of application accellerator, be sure to answer "no" when overwriting any files the installer tries to replace.. I answered yes like an idiot and my machine refused to boot up..

I had to choose "last known config" and reboot, remove the application followed by a series of errors and missing .dlls and "your cd rom drivers have been altered, registry entries appear to be corrupt" had to reboot about 3 times and have xp remove some "altered" registry entries

install at your own risk!!!

hahahaha Outback2k1

your dead right , i learnt the hard way also .. I had 1 60GB partition :(

now i have 3 :)

beta

I installed the intel application accelerator beta and my uncached hard drive transfer rate doubled in the pcpitstop benchmark over what it was with the official release. Should I care what my uncached hard drive transfter rate is because it also changed the sound my hard drive makes when it is being accessed and I much prefer the older one.

Am I correct in thinking you can only use this if you have both a MB with a supported intel chipset and a Intel CPU? An early post said you could use this with a via chipset - is this true?

:( Blew me up twice.(intel 850 chipset) Got immediate BSOD requiring hard reboot, then f8 to get to last good load. V.2.0 and V2.1 same problem. Hell with it.

Guys, do I need to do anything after installing the Intel Application Accelerator like have it optimize it somehow? Or, do I just need to install it and it does everything somehow?

If it doesn't blow up your system, let it run. But recommend you do a thorough backup first. My problem may have been that when I first went to the site and saw that first line (see zman's comment) I did as I was told, then later on if you go through Intel's pages you see a table where the chipset installation utility isn't required for XP (I doubt it, but you never know). Email contact with an intel tech could not resolve the problem, and he had no idea what would cause my BSOD. Oh well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back