• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Intel and their family of CPUs

ming

OSNN Advanced
http://news.com.com/AMD+hatches+new+naming+plan+for+chip+generations/2100-1006_3-5453187.html?tag=nefd.top

The above link is just for reference to AMD's family of CPUs, but it does give you an idea of what's been happening.

Anyway, does anyone remember running a P5 or P6?? Most of you are probably thinking that I'm nuts and that the P5/P6 never existed. You'd be wrong to think that. :)
When I first got my Pentium PC, it was labelled P5 on the box although the CPU itself was only a Pentium. Strange, I thought. But having read the above link, I think Intel has lost the plot. :p

Intel's P designation for chip families such as the P5 (the first Pentium) and the P6, which included both the Pentium II and III.

ThePatriot

-=[BOHICA!]=-
Political User
ming said:
Anyway, does anyone remember running a P5 or P6?? Most of you are probably thinking that I'm nuts and that the P5/P6 never existed. You'd be wrong to think that. :)
When I first got my Pentium PC, it was labelled P5 on the box although the CPU itself was only a Pentium. Strange, I thought. But having read the above link, I think Intel has lost the plot. :p
I, unfortunately, am old enough to remember and have owned a P5...and earlier :( :rolleyes:

not sure, I think P4's were stuck under P6 as well. as from the pentium pro onwards to was virtually unchanged. To my knowledge all that was added were more instructions and smaller components.

However I would be very interested to learn more :D so if anyone has correct and/or more info please post :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies