Intel 850 m/board

Peter

OSNN Junior Addict
Will a Dell Dimension 8100 with a Intel 850 + RD-Ram currently with a P4 1.3A 533 processor support a P4 2.8 B 533 processor?

Regards

Peter

Is that an i850E or just i850. The 850 has a 400MHz FSB, and the 850E has 533.

Also, the 1.3GHz P4's were 423-pin if I remember correctly, the new P4's are 478.

I have no idea of the support the 850 offers to the 2.8B... consider giving Dell a call and finding out from tech support...

-edit- http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/850/

a link to help you a bit.. 2 pin configs... 423 and 478..

the 1.3 appears to be 423pins so it seems like a no to your question... sry m8..

ok, does anyone know where i can get a p4 A? i know they're no longer in production but there must be somewhere. (uk)

regards

Peter

I actually have a friend with a similar box, except his has the 1.4A in it... I feel kinda sorry for people with those old P4A/RDRAM boxes.. no real upgrade path, per se... especially now with RDRAM being more or less dead and relatively expensive.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back