Integrated video boost

Demian

OSNN Newbie
Hi all! I have a socket AM 2 motherboard with GeForce 6150 integrated video. Does anybody know any settings to get maximum performance?

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
Generally integrated video cards aren't as powerful as a dedicated card. They also take away from your system memory. The only way to get a little boost is to up the memory used (settings is in the BIOS) but this will also decrease the memory the OS and programs use.

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
What Micheal said - you want it set for at least 256 MB memory or 512 if you have 2 gig of system memory. If you are lucky the 6150 has dedicated on board memory and this does not apply.

Next turn off Anti Aliasing (AA) and Anisotropic Filtering (AF). Leave them off, they are only useful on mid range to high end video cards ($200 and up)

In game -
Start at low settings for textures, and turn off lighting and shadow effects. These make good visual candy but really overload the video card.

Reduce visible "distance" as needed. I'd guess no more than 80% with on board. Note this hurts for FPS type games. ( You can't see snipers etc.)

Now increase textures until frames start getting jerky. Then try turning on lighting and shadows a little at a time until things get jerky again.

If desperate decrease resolution to 800x600.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollBoll