instruments

played snare and bass in high school tho i thought i sucked ....ohhh and the Glockenspiel cuz the teacher made me!! lol

hmm.....

Guitar 9 years
Drums 3 years
Bass well its the same as guitar almost
piano 1 year
volin 5 months
recording music 2 years

im in 3 bands got about 7 albums or so done i dont have my server up or i would post some links for my music it ranges from industrial to punk and other trash rock whatnots uhh i have somthing on www.mp3.com under Hepes Symplex A if you guys wanna listen to it just finished my roomates album last night he might be posting some links if you guys would like to hear that also

Originally posted by New Disease
can anyone in here play any instruments/belong in a band etc....

just wondering

Does playing on the computer count?

If no, then...no. ;)

Re: Turntables?

Originally posted by Ezergeezer
NO ! Corolla, turntables dont count, real instruments were talking.
I hate DJ's harping on about gigs they've done, all they do is play
other peoples music, they are sad people who never learnt to play a REAL instrument.

I resent that.

I'm not surprised. I read it and thought Speedy might take it to heart.

Just becasue you don't play your own, and do something really cool with someone elses, does that mean you can't play, or it isn't a real insturment!?

You go and try to seriously work DJ equipment. Let's see how well you do.

and I play guitar. I play people's songs. Does that mean I should stop and play my own? :huh:

I've played drums since 5th grade, so 6 years total of that. I also took about 7 years of piano lessons but I quit in 7th grade. I consider myself pretty talented at snare drum :)

I play classic and eletric guitar for about 3 years now.

I can also play a little bass and drums.

IM currently in a band called The Delta Waves here in the Detroit area. www.deltawaves.net

Also play bass, guitar,acoustic guitar, some keys and other percussion and do lots of recording on the pc.

i play the guitar but i dont know a bassist or drummer so i cant find a band but my mate plays guitar jam with him once in a blue moon

and djs do suck everyones a dj with their burberry caps and bag of weed they just play other peoples music and scratch sum records and they think theyre bad as... it wouldnt be so bad if they werent so widespread then they may have more integrity but i view them as the crap musicians :D

XP Abuser
and djs do suck everyones a dj with their burberry caps and bag of weed they just play other peoples music and scratch sum records and they think theyre bad as... it wouldnt be so bad if they werent so widespread then they may have more integrity but i view them as the crap musicians :D
Before i go any further, have you ever even tried Dj'ing? its NOT easy, and as for scratching, most Dj's can't even do it.

Right, i do agree with your point, most Dj's (at least in the UK) just don they're "im cool" caps and get paid thousands to stand behind the decks for an hour, even though they're never even touched an instrument in their life, and i do agree that these are bad musicians.
But, there are those who make they're own music and play that, along with other Dj's music. It can't be said that these are bad musicians.

ok ill rephrase that speedy kids that think they are djs and play other peoples music and i agree with speedy bout the ones that make their own tunes thats cool

but doesnt it piss you off when you see a kid whoz done it for like 10 minutes thinking hes a badboy dj and every ******* is one lately especially in london and stuff and it makes me laugh that these KIDS that dont know **** about anything think they are the dj messiah then they get shot up by sum gang :D

Heh, im with ya now, and i agree :)
Fortunately I follow the hardcore scene (UK hardcore, not metal/rock hardcore) and there aren't any 'bad boys', just people who love their music, there's no violence either, we all just enjoy ourselves.

I'm a PRS and Rocktron Freak . I love Guitars - if they were a women I would marry it ;)

My parents made me start piano when I was 5. I took lessons for 12 years total and I still play... been playing 18 years. I took up drums in 6th grade, and later migrated to Latin Percussion, which I play now. I started to teach myself acoustic guitar during my freshman year in college, and now I've been playing it for 4 years. I was part of a band full-time for about 2 years, playing percussion, but there is nothing steady now. I play percussion here and there with random groups, but mostly I just do solo acoustic stuff now.

i played the Trombone for the last 2 years, but i sucked, and hated it, so i stopped :)

-Bert

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back