instant messenger

M

malc voce

up till a couple ofweeks ago i have been using instant messenger with no problems, all of a sudden it doesnt work, i dont know whether i upgraded or what but it now wont let me in.
i have changed my details in .net passport but still no good. can anyone advise please
:)

yes akash, there is a message that says that cant connect due to .net service due to a problem with the service or your internet connection.
after a week i think the service is ok and my internet connection is ok.
i can get into my hotmail, but not i.m. .
i am thinking of uninstall windows xp formatting my hard drive and a re-install, this is drastic, but i need i.m. due to reatives in oz, holland and africa.
hope you can help.
malc

I notice there's a new update available. Try installing that and see if it helps. If not, there's ways to uninstall it and then you can reinstall it to see if you can get it working.

i have the new version installed.
i would be gratefull for instructions on how to un-install messenger on it's own without having to delete xp as well.
thanks

Lonman is right, but as far as I know, Messenger warns you there's an update and if you want to install it (Messenger session must be opened). So, the problem is elsewhere; if not already done, I would go for a complete reinstallation of Messenger, last version being 4.6 for XP.
Hope this helps you !

Here's a guide for uninstalling IM:

http://www.xp-erience.org/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=14#mess

I'm not sure if this is going to work though. I followed this guide to make messenger show itself in the add/remove section. I've updated messenger since then and now it's disappeared from add/remove again. Maybe Big Bro Bill hacked the hackers right back. If it doesn't show up for uninstall, then i can only suggest finding a third party, full version, to reinstall. I hope this information helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back