Installing XP - SATA drivers won't work?

Unleashed

We Speak Geek
Hi guys,

We're currently upgrading all our 2k machines at work to XP Pro, but on one machine I'm having problems.
It has a SATA drive, for which I've made a floppy containing the drivers from the motherboard cd.
When I boot from the XP disk, I hit F6 to install them, get the options of which ones I want to install, choose XP and carry on.
After loading the drivers from the floppy, it says press Enter to install Windows. When I press it, it says it cannot find any hard disk drives, press F3 to quit.

I really need to get this done today, so any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Conrad

It would appear the drivers haven't installed correctly. I have only had to do that a few times, but when you get the option to pick your drive usually there are a few options. The time I did it, I think I had 4 choices. Are you sure you are choosing the right one? If there are more than one, if all else fails, keep rebooting and trying another option until it goes through.

my nforce needs 2 drivers installing, i have to press S to specify another device. like kcny' says, install all the drivers on the floppy and try again.

I agree with Gonzo, the Nforce RAID controller needs to have 2, I just did it like 3 days ago.

It gives 4 options - Xp, 2000, Server 2003 and NT. I tried XP and 2000 without any luck.

Oh, and I did try install both, but it sait it was already installing one so I could either replace the exisiting or cancel. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back