Installing Xp Pro

N

Not Bman

Did anybody have trobles installing windows Xp Pro ??

no problems here, but i've only done it 3 times. win2k server, now that's another story...:D

What kind of question is that ??
Of course I had troubles with installing XP. M$ wouldn't make a OS that would install easy in one time ;).
But serious what kind of troubles do you have?

no probs, on 5 of my puters, but had hell of problems on wifes machine, took three days, and three different vid cards before it would load.

:cool:

the first time i installed xp i had a problem with i couldnt install from the cd in DOS.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i have installed it about 10 times now (seriosly)

no prob, just the first time i installed xp i had a problem with i couldnt install from the cd in DOS.

If your going from 98E to Pro you might just as well format your programs and do a clean install with XP Pro. With the upgrade it drags alot of unnessisary old _rap along that you'll never use again, unless you return to 98. Otherwise you can just clean up everything in 98 you don't use, defrag of course and proceed with the upgrade.

P.S. Are you the Bman from Simviation.com? just curious...

ram

The many times i tried to install it, wouldnt install it would say that it couldnt copy files properly and after i would skip many files sometimes it would work and then sometimes i would get errors when in the acutal setup. It turned out to be one of my ram modules!

PS: I found that out from this forum someone told me he had the same problem when installing win2k turns out the module isnt compatible with xp!:rolleyes:

Man thats really odd. can you find out the module your missing. It should say when you get the error message which module is missing? Are you up to date on all your programs/upgrades at Windows Update..

yah and no

i am always updated, but thats not the problem it was when i was installing it from scratch not updating

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back