Installing XP on only 32MB

• Thread starter BobTheBuilder
  • Start date
B

BobTheBuilder

Does anyone know if it is possible to install XP on a 32mb machine ? I appreciate it will run like a dog but just wondered.

I really am not sure, you could try and disable as much of the OS as possible, try to make an SP1 XP install CD first though so that you have more control of what does and doesnt get installed.

why not buy more RAM ???

I'm assuming you have an old PC with the old D RAM

have a look round for PC fairs & car boot sales

:cool:

hehe ...thats funny Windows XP on 32 megs... it wont even install. It will fail when it checks out your system. :D

I agree. It will not install. I tried it, so I know :)

Instead of waiting 5 hours to try to get it installed, work for 2 hours and spend the money on some cheap ram.

Although I would say, that to run XP nicely, you need at least 200 something MB of ram

when i first got XP pro i installed it on my PC and had it working nicely with 64 megs of ram and then i upgraded to 448 megs of sdram and now it just speeds along about 5x faster so my opinion for installing xp the more ram the better

Wow, thanks for all the replies ! I had tried installing it with only 32 mb and got stopped by the setup program.

It is an old box but I did have a spare 128mb module at home which I have now plugged in. Just wanted to get start setting it up at work (might as well mess about with PC's in work time).

Thanks for the replies.

i think you must have at least 128mb of ram to install any version of xp.

why not buy more ram? if you can afford to eat, you can afford more ram!

check out pricewatch for great deals on 'puter stuff.

o.k., one stick of 512mb sdram is only $27! if you can't afford that, you shouldn't own a 'puter! ;)

Its runs <<< well walks <<<mmmmmm ok crawls with 64mb of ram XP is a ram hog needs loads of ram the more the better I had it on 64mb just to see ,now I run on 384 and its nice real nice tonight I am getting another stick of 256 cuz its cheap right now the more the better .......

$27 for 512? Where did you get it from? I need more ram.

o.k., one stick of 512mb sdram is only $27! if you can't afford that, you shouldn't own a 'puter!

Originally posted by Aces&Eights
$27 for 512? Where did you get it from? I need more ram.

Hey Hull , Montreal here I dunno but here in my area its 60$ for 256 pc 133, I would buy tons of 512mb for 27$ myself

GOT A TRUCK? I mean at that price TONS!!!!

I just checked pricewatch and sure enough it is selling for 26.99 -> 28 dollars for 512. Problem is most of them will not ship to Canada.

Damm

we need

A buddy from this site to send the cash too and have it shipped up here?????????

" A buddy from this site to send the cash too and have it shipped up here?????????"

That might just work. I'm pretty sure that you can arrange for with someone, you send money, they buy and send you. I think one of the mods living in the USA might just do it. I would, but heck, I don't even have a credit card :)

You gotta use credit card ? wont they ship on a money order?

I would send the cash plus the cost of shipping of course and for that price damn we would be saving alot up here 512mb pc 133 is like 110$ here

Oh that's true. Maybe some places will accept money orders.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back