Installing windows Xp issues

B

Brando457

When installing windows xp professional I get the press any key to boot from cd, and then it says setup is inspecting your hardware after that it goes to a blank black screen and just sits there, I let it go for about 10 mins and came back and still the same. Anyone have any idea ?

lots of ideas but you dont want to hear from me... :p

well if they're logical and not just some half wit answer i ll take the advice. but if you're gonna tell me check my ram or cpu i will be pissed

maybe you should check your ram or cpu... but that wouldnt be my first suggestion

Set your bios to default settings. Hit the delete key during boot or whatever key your MB uses. Go through the various menus until you find something that says - set to factory defualts, or safe settings, etc. Then select that.

If that doesn't work and you have a really old machine (before 2000) you may need to update your bios.

Once you get everything running and all the latest MB drivers loaded under XP then you cna go back to bios and turn on the performance settings and fancy stuff.

Is your windows XP CD in your drive? take it out and then reboot the computer.

EDIT: Oh sorry, you are trying to install. I thought after you installed Windows XP Pro, you left your disc in the drive causing what you described. My mistake. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back