installing win2000 keeping xp active

J

jdembare

dembaremba@hotmail.com

I got xp currently running on the primary C: drive. I intend to install win2000 on the other partition, D: drive so that I can have a dual booting. The problem is, when I try to install win2000, it's disabling the "install win2000" option and saying that u got a better vesion already. How can I go about this.

Boot off the CD and run setup from MS-DOS and select the 2nd parition for install. You can't start setup from inside XP for 2000. Either boot off the CD-ROM or boot off a MS-DOS startup diskette and run x:\i386\winnt.exe from the DOS prompt (x is your CD-ROM letter)

JJB6486

Tried it but not successfully.
1st Error msg: "program does not run on any 32 bit version of windows. Use winnt32.exe instead"
I then tried the winnt32.exe & got this error msg: " windows 2000 is incompatible with this version windows.."

You can't run the setup from within Windows. You HAVE to boot from the CD-ROM or from DOS to install W2k. Wasnt that already mentioned or did you just not read. All you need to do is setup your computer to boot off the CD-ROM then put your 2k CD in the CD-ROM and boot off the CD. Or if in a NATIVE DOS environment on the 2k CD run i386\winnt.exe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back