Installing Ubuntu on Partition

Burn another LiveCD. If there is something wrong the first CD that you burnt, this will help in figuring out what is not working. This time do not lable it or anything. Burn it and boot off of it. If you have a issue with the second CD, that would lead me to beleive that there may be a hardware issue.

Alright now, I burned a new cd, simple burn, no naming, or writing on no nothing.....same freezing problem......

I don't friggin get it!!

I went to ubuntuforums.org and did some searching and it appears that there are some other people experiencing freezes during the installation from the LiveCD. They have all froze a different locations in the install. Most of them appear to have fixed the issue with installing from the Alternate CD. You may want to download the Alternate version and give it a try.

the alternate cd would be installation from the cdrom, no livecd stuff right

*edit, Alternate download friggin sucks, its been over an hour, only at 15%

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I downloaded and burned the alternate version

Ran the cd, came to the normal options

Install in Text Mode
Install in OEM Mode
Install a server, etc etc

I tryed both text & oem mode and this is what i get

Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernal.
Starting system log daemon: syslogd, klogd.
_

Then nothing....leaving me there to type something

I don't get what is going on with my cdroms, the first time I downloaded Ubuntu and ran the cd, I had no problems and I enjoyed Ubuntu. Now none of the cd's work, I have even tryed different cdrom drives and still the same crap....

Download SuSe and give that a try, it is supposed to be the more user friendly distro, can be compared to Ubuntu. And I have never had SuSe CD fail on me.

I have used Suse 10, I wanted to go to Ubuntu 6.06 since it came out..

You might want to check this thread out and see how it applies to your issues. It sounds like there are several people having issues installing 6.06 for various reasons. Reading through the posts may give you something to try.

The only thing I got out of that thread was that most people are having hardware problems with 6.06, which right now I have a pretty old system, but I think people are having hardware problems with much newer systems.

Unless I missed something, the only solution I found, and it's alot of work, is to install the older version on Ubuntu, and run commands to update the system to 6.06.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back