Installing drivers for notebook help

Z

zoey

My friend has a Compaq notebook, Model 1800, P3, 128 ram, we want to install XP Pro on it ( has ME). I went here to try to get drivers, Modem, Bios and such, Not much there. Will I have to install a 3rd party software to see what He has and download drivers from there? Or do you think thr stuff will auto detect and be ok? http://www29.compaq.com/falco/sp_result.asp?Model=2155&Os=94#Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices

Note: this computer is just for net and business docs.

Aida32 will tell you what devices are installed and bios version get it Here a great tool in finding out whats under the hood.

I think if you insert the xp disk when ME is loaded it will come up with an option for it to look at your systems compatability with xp.

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
I think if you insert the xp disk when ME is loaded it will come up with an option for it to look at your systems compatability with xp.

I'll give that A try and then try the AIDA if that doesnt work. Hopefully XP will have the needed drivers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back