Installing a new nVidia card, uninstall drivers?

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I currently have a nVidia Geforce 3 ti200 card, but because this card lacks a composite video tv-out (My TV-set doesn't supprt s-video signals), I am reverting back to a Geforce 2 MX200. Because of the unified driver architecture nVidia uses, can I leave the drivers as they are (Det 52.16), or should I uninstall them, uninstall the card, insert the new card and reinstall it? Or can I just switch cards?

(don't brag about me installing a slower, less powerfull card. I don't play much games on my pc and if I do, the games are over 3 years old)

sboulema

OSNN Veteran Addict
i think its best to first remove the drivers and then reinstall them. and you may consider dropping to an older driver version since it useless to have those drivers for a geforce2...

Taurus

hardware monkey
uninstall/reinstall. because when you run the driver pack, it detects what card you have and installs that driver. so with a different card, it will have to be run again so it can detect it.

also, i'm pretty sure your gf3 supports composite out. all you need is a simple little adapter cable.

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Taurus said:
uninstall/reinstall. because when you run the driver pack, it detects what card you have and installs that driver. so with a different card, it will have to be run again so it can detect it.

also, i'm pretty sure your gf3 supports composite out. all you need is a simple little adapter cable.
Not mine. I already contacted Creative (the vendor of the card) and they said the card didn't support composite video out. I would need a adapter cable, but not just a normal rewired cable (that would still use s-video signals), but a complete signal converter (from s-video to composite) and that would be very hard to get in the Netherlands, not to mention the costs. I bought a adapter cable at a local electronics store, but I could get it to work.
I can remember 2 years ago when I had a Riva TNT2 card it worked, and I was using a composite cable, no adapter cables.

Anyway, thanks guys for the reply.

sboulema: What driver version do you recommend? Something in the 4x.xx series?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut