Installing a 200gb hd??

i didn't press F6 didn't load any drivers..and it freezes up on me when getting to that "Setup is starting Windows" part

The IDE controller is on your mobo. There are generally two of them located right next to each other, one is the Primary IDE and the other is the Secondary IDE. You plug in your main hdd and the hdd cable into the Primary IDE slot. Refer to your mobo manual on how to determine which slot is which (usually they say 1 and 2 next to them)

i've got that connected properly and everything..i took out the vid card and the HD now..and trying to load from the xp cd but it still stops at "Setup is starting Windows"

Unplug absolutely everything. The only thing you should have in your system is the CPU, RAM, the HDD and the CDROM that is loading the OS (make sure the CDROM cable is connected to the other IDE controller, the secondary one). No sound cards, network cards, other cdrom's, hdd's or anything *at all*. If you have onboard video, then pull out your video card and use the onboard one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back