installed new chip and i have problem

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
ok i installed the xp 1600+ chip and all of the jumper settings are right and every time i start up right before the logon screen i get this error.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

ok thanks

is there somewhere on the amd website that says exactly what i need or some other site. i know some of it but i just want to be sure

whenever i get that i reformat or run chkdsk /r but i usually get them out of no where

If there is an option in ur bios to load the default settings for it do that and it should take care of ur problem

ok i did a compleat reformat of the drive and i too everything out except got teh video and hdd and a cdrom and i still get the error and i dont know why. i also did a bios flash with the most current one and still no luck. if i cant come up with any ideas while i sleep or no one can come up with any i am going to take it to a computer repare place tomorow

Try moving your memory in the furthest slot away from your cpu.

ok i will give that a try but would that mean that it is a bad chip of memory if it works or????

CATCH how the hell can his ram be in backward or you mean upside down.

IT IS NOTCHED OFFSET FROM CENTRELINE SO CAN ONLY GO IN SLOT ONE WAY

i think he meant tha its in the last slot instead of the first
i think...dunno...we'll c

Does it really matter which slot the memory module is in???

I've used my DIMMs in various different combinations ... it didn't make any difference.
And I don't think they can be installed backwards as john30uk pointed out.

ok i tryed the ram thing and one by one and it still didnt work, i still cant get inot windows all i can get into is safemode and i cant do anything there that i know of.

Just a question ... How does the system believe that a DIMM is in slot 1 if its physically in slot 3??

Oh ok :)
Never really had a problem since all my slots are being used.

all i was trying to get at was it could be a bad memory slot or the ram could be overheating next to the cpu. Try format and clean install of xp.

ok i am just woundering if there are any special things that i need to change in the bios because i updated it to the most current one and i chhanged some of the info so that it would work but is there anything that i need to do other then power settings and stuff like disable any of the cashing or stuff like that????

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back