Installed a DVD player need help!!!!!

O

oneshot

I have a 650 MHZ PIII.

The specs of the DVD player say it is good from 350MHZ and up.

Trying to make this machine work better, surfing the web and playing some Jump Start games for my four year old. I installed more memory and upgraded to Winxp. I wanted to make it so she could watch DVDs on this machine.

I didn't think I would have a problem but I don't have a great graphics card and it has on board sound.

The motherboard is a Biostar "M6VCG".

The thing works but there is a jerkyness, almost like the processor is not fast enough.

The plans are to upgrade the motherboard and cpu and use all the other hardware.

I'm just wondering is there any thing else I'm missing or not doing correctly. or are there any other suggestions?

Try using some older DVD Software such as PowerDVD 3 or WinDVD 3... the specs have increased along with the newer version.

I had Cinemaster99 working great on a pentium 266.

most likely the vid card sucks get a better one

cool.gif

Try Win DVD 3.0, or older versions, that require less power.

But most likely it is the graphics card. Need a better one :)

Get a better Vid Card. G Force 3 nothing more than that I think is needed.

Depends on yer finances. :)

Thanks for the help I've been trying to find a copy of an earlier version of a dvd decoder not much luck yet. I will get a new video card and a new mobo and a new processor EVENTUALLY!!!!!!!

Thanks again

When I play DVD:s in PowerDVD (came with the drive) the movie gets all jerky and strange. When I play them in Abit SiluroDVD (came with the gfx card) all is fine. So try another player.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back