installation of XP from upgrade

A

ArthurL

Does anyone know if I can install XP from the upgrade package onto a new partition of my pc now running W2k and win ME
Thanks

Yes the upgrade will upgrade either of the them

Have you got ME on the c: drive ?

what one do you want to upgrade ?

I have both W2k and ME on separate drives W2k on c and me on d:

Max,
Sorry I want to do a clean install not an upgrade!
Arthur

Im sorry to say , but you cant do a full/fresh install with the upgrade CD

you need an Operating system on the machine to "Upgrade"

:(

Max,
thank you. I will now go and exchange the luckily unopened package for a complete full version
Regards
Arthur:)

actually you can do a clean install with the upgrade package as long as you have the cd to a prior version of windows. When you go to do the upgrade, xp asks you which partition you want to do it on, lets you format it and then asks you to insert the cd from a previous version of windows to make sure that you are eligible for the upgrade

Originally posted by AmarSingh
actually you can do a clean install with the upgrade package as long as you have the cd to a prior version of windows. When you go to do the upgrade, xp asks you which partition you want to do it on, lets you format it and then asks you to insert the cd from a previous version of windows to make sure that you are eligible for the upgrade

Ditto on this.

Arthur, all your going to get out of buying the full version is about -$100.

As long as you have your CD from your previous OS, you should be fine.

When your doing clean install from upgrade CD
it asks for your ME or 98 cd to verify you have that OS
thats it job done :D

I wonder if he went down and spent the extra $100.

Hope he read the posts before he cut out. Bummer if he didn't.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back