Install XP in different language

Punkychan

OSNN Addict
I'm buying a laptop from Dell and since I live in Japan , the laptop would come with a pre installed XP Home or Pro of my choice but it would be in Japanese OS.
Is it possible for me to format and fresh install it with an English language XP like I'm using it now on my desktop.And if I do so , would it screwed up any drivers or whatsoever ??
I don't want to dual boot but like my desktop here I re-set the regional settings to ' East Asian Language ' and ' Japanese keyboard input ' during the installation.Am I able to do so with the laptop ?

If you go to Control Panel, Regional and Language Settings... You should see the Advanced Tab where you can change the language of most Windows Icons, Tabs, etc...

Can't guarantee that it'll changed every single Japanese text from the OS itself (such as start menu and stuff), but maybe it's worth a try before going through a fresh install.

EDIT: You may want to ask Dell if they could install an English version of Windows for you since they allow customers to customise their machines before purchase.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back