• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Install of SP1a gets rid of your uxtheme.dll

M

mupp

After installing Windows XP SP1a, it replaced my hacked version of uxtheme.dll.
How do I get it back? Can I use the program thats stickied? Do I have to do it the manual way again?
Any thoughts?

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
ok, no offense, but if you actually read up on it on the microsoft website, it says that if you have SP1 installed already, you don't have to install sp1a. not exactly sure if you had sp1 in your system in the first place, but jus thought i'd tell you. and no offense, but you should have known that would happen since a service pack updates just about everything that deals with the windows OS.

about getting it back, you can just look for the file that was in the same news post as the NTFS Theme. btw, if any mods have the url for that post, could you please put it in this forum? i need it again too. Re-formatted computer to install XP pro, and forgot to copy and save it. :eek:

M

mupp

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
ok, no offense, but if you actually read up on it on the microsoft website, it says that if you have SP1 installed already, you don't have to install sp1a. not exactly sure if you had sp1 in your system in the first place, but jus thought i'd tell you. and no offense, but you should have known that would happen since a service pack updates just about everything that deals with the windows OS.

about getting it back, you can just look for the file that was in the same news post as the NTFS Theme. btw, if any mods have the url for that post, could you please put it in this forum? i need it again too. Re-formatted computer to install XP pro, and forgot to copy and save it. :eek:
lol, whoops - I thought the update to SP1a was mandatory and I didn't really read up on it...
Yes, does anyone have a link?

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
to tell you the truth, i thought it was mandatory at first too. but then i took the long way of getting it by going through Windows Update Catalog, and that is where i saw that message.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar