Instaling a sound card?

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
i got a sound card and installed it onto my computer, but for some reason i get no sound. It will work out of the normal jacks but not the new one! How do i fix this??

Try going to the Control Panel>Sounds and Audio DevicesJ>Click on the Audio tab and then on the pull-down menus, select the newly installed sound card as the default device to use.

You can go into the bios or in XP, go into the properties of my computer and then hardware>Device manager>expand the sound, video and game controlers and then select the onboard sound device, right-click on it and disable it. Do that for all the onboard sound card items listed.

What do you mean by 'normal jacks'? If you mean the onboard sound then you need to go into the bios & turn onboard sound off.

If its a creative card make sure that its in the third PCI slot, and slow sure you dont have it set to "digital output only"

Not sure about your board, but back when I had the Asus K7M the onboard sound was disabled via a jumper on the mobo. If you don't find an option in the BIOS, try hunting down the documentation that came with your BIOS...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back