Inserting a shortcut on Startmenu??

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi guys,

I would like to insert a shortcut on my start menu, right under the "My Documents" shortcut, to my "My Videos" folder. Can this be achieved? Thanks in advance for the help.

Heeter

Drag and drop the folder from the Explorer to the taskbar or choose Settings > Taskbar > Classic. There is it possible to configure the taskbar as you could in Win 98.
After the changes go back to the XP-layout and save changes.

Thanks for the reply, Sweens.

It is now on the start menu. Is there somw way that I can put it on the other side of the menu, on the right hand side instead of the left side?

Thanks again.

Heeter

Hi Heeter,

Just left click it and drag it over to the position you want;)

Alan

But Heeter only wanted to move a shortcut from one side of the start menu to the other

And in this link Dirk Diggler describes how you add something to the right side of the XP start menu. :p

Originally posted by yoyo
And in this link Dirk Diggler describes how you add something to the right side of the XP start menu. :p

Left or right don't matter, the shortcut was already in heeters start menu...........he only wanted to move a shortcut from one side of the start menu to the other:confused:

I don't think it needed a reg hack for that :p

But as I originaly said.............. good link;)

Hi Guys,

I am unable to drag and drop the "My Videos" shortcut to the right side of the start menu from the left side, it will not permit me. Maybe there is a registry edit that will permit me to do this drag and drop from one side to the other. Thanks for all the input so far, guys .Really appreciate it.

Heeter

I have attached a reg file to this post, change its extension from .txt to .reg
Plonk it on your Desktop and right-click it and choose "Edit".
When its open you will see:-
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2559a1f6-21d7-11d4-bdaf-00c04f60b9f0}\DefaultIcon]
The line directly below this needs to be edited by you to point to an icon on your system. Remember each additional directory should have two backslashes in front of it.

You will also see:-
"Param1"="G:\\My_Videos"
The address "G:\\My_Videos" should be edited by you to point to the folder on your system where your videos are. Remember the two backslashes between directories if needed.

Once this is done close the reg file and double-click it. Log off and on, and hey-presto.

Always backup before changing the Registry

Originally posted by Alan
I don't think it needed a reg hack for that :p

But as I originaly said.............. good link;)

Hmmmmmm apparently it does

Sorry about that yoyo;)

Alan

Thanks so much guys, for the help.

I am happy to announce that I have a "My Vidoes" shortcut on the right side of my start menu. This might sound like a dumb question but where are the system icons kept? I would like to put an icon on the shortcut, but I don't know where they are kept. Search turned up numerous locations.

Thanks, again

Heeter

Sorry, but how do I open that file and look inside at the icons? What program do I use?

Heeter

If you want the default My Videos icon, the line in the reg file should be
@="%SystemRoot%\\system32\\SHELL32.dll,-238"

Alan, no problem :D

Edit: For some strange reason I can't post this line here like it should be. There should be no space after the first quote and everything in one line.

hey, sorry to bring that topic back up, but i have a question about adding a shortcut on the right side of the start menu.

i wanted to add My Videos shorcut under My Music shortcut, but when i used the method described in this thread (with the reg file), it put my videos shortcut all the way down, under Run...

how do i put my shortcut under My Music shortcut??

thanks a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back