Insert Boot Disk? ... IT IS INSERTED!

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
Title basically says it all. My new system detects all my drives and I've set it to boot from the DVD drive. I pop in my new Vista disk and it says I need to insert a boot disk. I've tested the Vista disk on another PC and it boots like any other Windows install disk. So whats the deal? My guess is that my DVD drive needs some kind of driver but that doesn't make any sense to me.

Go into your bios and make sure that the CD rom you are trying to boot from is on top of the boot list. Also, make sure you do not have any floppy disks inserted while trying to boot.

Seems it just can't read the disk, when I put the disk in the drive it doesn't show any contents. Which really makes me wonder if it can even read DVD's. I'll have to wait till I get home and put a movie in to see it reads. If it does that I have no clue as to what the problem is. Tough to take back an open piece of software just cause your DVD drive won't read it. Maybe I'll have to order a new drive. I'll post an update if I get it working. Reps for the effort.

**EDIT**

Found a DVD drive here at work and I'm installing as I type. This drive is IDE and my bad drive was SATA, I hope I don't have to return it.

Last edited:
Just use a lens cleaner on the SATA drive. Usually fixes that. If no time for a new one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back