Insane!

ming

OSNN Advanced
Ok, I can't remember if I asked this question in this forum before. And I hope I don't get slapped for asking either.

Does anyone know of the most reliable way of blowing up a cpu in a laptop? i.e. make the machine stop working and yet show no evidence of tampering.

I've heard of pointing a gun at it... well hair dryer anyway.. lol.
Worried that will kill my HD instead of the cpu, not to mention that it'll melt some other components on the mainboard.

Any suggestions?

erm, heh.
What parts of the laptop don't you want to destroy?
Hopeing this ain't insurance fraud :p

only the cpu...

ehem... shhh!!

EDIT: definitely don't want the HD killed...

Just don't do what Gonaads did...

powerbook5300_flambe.jpg

It's far too obvious there has been tampering.

(Yes, gonaads actually did this, the nut case :p)

Lee said:
bluddy ell, the fraud thread.
who said anything about fraud?? :p
i only asked about methods of blowing up a cpu... lol

SPeedY_B said:
overclock it hard!
right, so how do you OC a laptop?? think most of the bios stuff are locked apart from the obvious options for irq's n crap.

Duh, all you have to do is wait till Guy Fawkes night and chuck it on the fire, if you can't wait till then send it to Al-Qaieda sure they would do the honours!

open it up and take the cpu out, make the connection with the heatspreader less than satisfactory make sure the colling methods of it aren't doing their job and run that bastard as hard as you can. hopefully the heat will kill the cpu but not the rest of the stuff

block the air vents :D

should fry the processor, and your eggs :p

take out the hard drive(and any other parts you want to keep) and electrocute the sucker. then put the hd back in and test to see if it works. :D

Block the vents or put a hair dryer up to them and start pumping in the heat. Stick a paperclip in through the vent holes and touch the board in a few spots while it's runing, namely connecting a few of the boards routes around the CPU.

I sealed the vents... blocked the fans from spinning.. and made sure the cpu was running at 100% for 1.5hrs yesterday.... and it's still running fine... lol :p
Don't want to open it up.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back