Insane!

You need to really block those vents. Putting some sort of tape over them would do it I'd imagine (something with light adhesive so no marks are left) then wrap it in a towel/duvet, and leave it with something abusing the CPU to 100% over night.

Come to think of it, the towel may be a bad idea where heat is involved.. trying to think of a way to completely seal in all heat though.. if you have some large air tight container large enough to hold it, that may work. This would be a lot easier if real tampering was allowed :p

Turn it on, and place it in a container ( plastic large ) and seal the lid, make sure the vents are blocked aswell. Keep it like that, it should do the trick.

Sealed container.. hmm.. battery only lasts 1-2hrs at most on 100% utilisation of the cpu.

dammit, you're not making this easy :D

Just plug it in, tape up the vents, then pop it in a container of some sort with the power cable coming from somewhere that doesn't allow too much heat to escape.

Ok, what kind of laptop is it. Sounds rugged as hell, I may buy one.

Keep the vents blocked, run Sandra's CPU Arithmatic burn in continuous until it dies.

Warning! This will not work on Intel sytems or the newer AMD stuff. They throttle back the clock speeds to avoid overheat. (Damn bastrads!)

Damage without opening the case is intentionally difficult with laptops.

Next time buy the policy with the theft option, set it down in a coffee shop and go up to the counter to order a drink.

LeeJend said:
Next time buy the policy with the theft option, set it down in a coffee shop and go up to the counter to order a drink.
Well, um.. its a sony vaio... :D

Doesn't the UK have a law about a 1 year warrenty on all electrical items. Hope your country has somet similar, just send it back and say it don't work then get a new one :D.

haha.. it's past the warranty... bout 2yrs ago.. lol

nothing wrong with the machine itself... just wondering how i can mash it up without physically damaging it nor opening the machine.

Retail law suggests the retailer of any object has to support it for something daft like 6-years, something most "forget" to tell their customers. I can't remember the exact details of the law right now, but most companies are aware and will give in to your demands when you mention it ;)

cuss out the cpu, get it in a bad mood, the pile it with 10 movies to encode and decode lol

Windows M.E. just ruins the users experience of computing, no physical damge unfortunately :p

Easy!
Take the laptop appart (while its off! :p ), make the backside of the CPU accesible and hold a soldering iron against one of the CPUs connectors (not the cpu itself!).

Five minutes and your done :D

While we're on the subject of destroying processors, without evidence, what about a video card? Could you just stick something into the fan to stop it, and throw on a benchmark demo on repeat all night to fry it?

Ah.. My ti4200 fan stopped spinning a while back and I had to replace it with a new one.... still not cooling it down that well. The PC keeps crashing.. (blank screen) whenever it gets too warm.

If it's an Nvidia GPU just run it for a few months. All mine crapped out within a year...
ATI inside now.

PS Most video card fans unplug... ;-)

How about you boil it for a few hours, let it dry in the tumble dryer, then regrease it, sprinkle a little dust on it and try that.

why don't you just take the cpu out and put it in the microwave for 10 mins, or connect it to a pair of batterys and short it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back