Input please.....

Beginning

I'm Beginning Somehow...
Ok... As promised I would work on creating " My own " signature... Although I grabbed fonts and some tutorial idea's from the web, I don't think that is copying someone's work is it? :confused: ..... Anyway what do you think for my first creation? P.S. Be nice.. :)

Looks good, guess I need to redue mine now (keeping up is hard to do)........

:happy:

Thanks a lot.... I never thought it would be that hard to create something that looks like something...... It's a bit ' dirty ' as they say, but it's a start, Or should I say a " beginning " :) :) once again thanks....

Oops....... I can see I didn't do it right yet..... Anyone know how I can make the background transparent? I thought I had all the angles covered..... :( :( :(

Originally posted by Beginning
Oops....... I can see I didn't do it right yet..... Anyone know how I can make the background transparent? I thought I had all the angles covered..... :( :( :(

Strange, in two of your three posts, the background transparency looks perfect...

I like it, if we're allowed to leave suggestions, make a copy without the two red thingy's, see how it looks.

Keep it up, it only get's better from here.

Originally posted by Beginning
Ok... As promised I would work on creating " My own " signature... Although I grabbed fonts and some tutorial idea's from the web, I don't think that is copying someone's work is it? :confused: ..... Anyway what do you think for my first creation? P.S. Be nice.. :)

Beginning...Reading tutorials is a learning experience not copying.

Looks good...When you do your graphics always start with a canvas 2-3 times the final size for maximum clarity.

Originally posted by Herkalees
Strange, in two of your three posts, the background transparency looks perfect...

Well thanks for input... :) I had it that way first 'Without the red thingy's' but it looked like it was missing something... Maybe I'll change it back.. About the background... The reason it looks fine in some posts is because the background color in ntfs.org threads are different color simultaneously.... I'd like to make the background transparent but every time I save the pic the background is visable.... Do I save it with a different extension like .png, .psd, .gif or am I on the wrong track?

Cheers!

Beginning...you need to save it as a transparent .gif.

Mask the Background layer then merge the existing layers. If you want to merge but save your individual layers do this:

Control+Shift+Alt+N for new layer then while still holding Control+Shift+Alt click E and you will have a new merged layer.

Then go Help>Export transparent image on the toolbar and follow the instructions from there.

This is for Photoshop...I think I remember you saying that's what you use?

Originally posted by Zodiaq

Mask the Background layer then merge the existing layers. If you want to merge but save your individual layers do this:

Control+Shift+Alt+N for new layer then while still holding Control+Shift+Alt click E and you will have a new merged layer.

Then go Help>Eport transparent image on the toolbar and follow the instructions from there.

Make sure you have your socks and shoes off as you will need your toes to accomplish this task :p

Lol...c'mon Jewelzz,

That's pretty straight forward isn't it? Just have to play twister with your fingers;)

Then go Help>Export transparent image on the toolbar and follow the instructions from there.

Yikes!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: ...... And I thought that little project of making it tranparent would be easy.... O well that figures . It's back to the drawing board again.... Or should I say paintboard...

Thanks sofa for the idea's I'll play with it some more....

Cheers!!!

Yikes!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: ...... And I thought that little project of making it tranparent would be easy.... O well that figures . It's back to the drawing board again.... Or should I say paintboard...

Thanks sofa for the idea's I'll play with it some more....

Cheers!!!

Like this.......
Use it if you'd like, I know you're trying to learn Photoshop tho so you won't hurt my feelings if you choose not to :)

Like this.......
Use it if you'd like, I know you're trying to learn Photoshop tho so you won't hurt my feelings if you choose not to :)

Sorry...I'ts only a couple steps.

You could mask the background layer then go to File>SaveforWeb and select .gif;)

You could mask the background layer then go to File>SaveforWeb and select .gif;)

...or how about dragging the "background" layer to the trash barrel, then clicking Save For Web in the File menu. In the Save For Web box, choose Gif 64 or 32 Dithered in the dropdown menu next to Settings.

Also, in the Matte dropdown, choose "none".

Here, check out this picture, and notice the settings...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back