Inline frames

RagnaroK

Must be dreaming...
Hi,
I'm working on a new website, and am just wondering if it is possible to make inline frames (the ones in Frontpage) transparent? Thanks.

-RaG

Originally posted by Kevin Ar18
Would setting a width and height of 0 or 1 do what you need?

Find your <iframe> tag

Then try the following:
<iframe style="visibility:hidden">
That should make it disappear. However the space that the iframe takes up will still be there.

Alternatively, if you want it to appear as though the iframe was never there, try this:
<iframe style="display:none">

No, that's not what I wanted. You see, I want to make the iframe transparent so I can see the background picture behind it (like an alpha), and yet still allowing whatever is in the iframe to be seen (text, pictures, whatever). Is it possible to do what I want? Thanks for your suggestion though.

I think what you'll need to do, it cut the image up and set the iframe background to a part of the image.

o.0
I didn't think of that. Thanks SPeedY_B. But isn't there any HTML coding or anything that can accomplish what I want? It's just SPeedY_B's method is a bit tedious. :huh:

Not with a (i)frame afaik. Maybe if you used a layer instead (<DIV>).

Originally posted by Ragnarok
Ah well... thanks anyways. <DIV>?
Yeah <DIV> is the tag you use if you want to do layers. Netscape has an old <LAYER> tag too, but only Netscape support it afaik.

Originally posted by Ragnarok
Hi,
I'm working on a new website, and am just wondering if it is possible to make inline frames (the ones in Frontpage) transparent? Thanks.

-RaG

Code:
<iframe src="page.html" width="200" height="200" border="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

u can change the width/height numbers to whatever (obviously :)) but you need to cut the piece out of the image which would be where the iframe is.

Ive made a website which I made that demonstrates what you're after I think... http://www.ackclan.org.uk

I used adobe photoshop 7 and its image slice facility to cut the images up where I wanted them. I put the large bit where the iframe is as the background of the page thats loaded in, and it works ok i think :)

It really all depends on how you want the stuff displayed... if you want it to extend the page as more text is added, i think a layer would be best... but if you want to keep loads of text in a small space (so the user can scroll), i suppose an iframe is best.

All great solutions, but I think an example is what you need. What I want to do is shown on the picture attached. The text box with the text "Seneste nyt". I want to do something like that but with an inline frame or some sort of other frame so I can display a web page in it. Thanks again all. :)

Use a style sheet or put STYLE tag in between the HEAD tag.

<style>
iframe{
allowtransparency: true;
background-color: transparent;
filter:alpha(opacity=60);
margin-left:50;
}
</style>
<body background=picture.jpg>

<iframe FRAMEBORDER="0" BORDER=0 width=448
height=272 src="anything.htm" name="frame">
</iframe>

Originally posted by zalood

<style>
iframe{
}
</style>

</iframe>

Elegant method, Zalood. Never thought of doing it that way, nor experimenting with the additional style parameters.

<style>
iframe{
}
</style>

</iframe>
Clever. :)

One thing though, wouldn't the alpha apply to the foreground as well as the background? Just a though.

<style>
iframe{
}
</style>

</iframe>

o.0
I'll go try that now and I'll message back to tell you guys if it's working or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back